In an earlier post about eating out at Sussex Inlet I mentioned how much I enjoyed my breakfast of ‘Tanga Toast’ at a local cafe. I thought it would be pretty easy to duplicate, and sure enough, it was…
However, after a few curious kangaroos came up while we were eating brekkie, I have arbitrarily decided to rename the caravanning version “Kanga Toast”. (I did Google ‘Tanga Toast’ to see what its origins were, but couldn’t find it anywhere. “Tonga Toast” was nothing like it.)
So here you go. The oh-so-simple recipe for…
Kanga Toast for Two
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 slices bread
- 1 banana
- 4 strawberries
- maple syrup
- bacon or sausage for 2
- Beat the eggs and milk together and soak 4 slices of bread in the mixture.
- Cook the bacon or sausage.
- Fry the egg-soaked bread (French toast).
- Arrange the French toast on a plate, and top with sliced banana and strawberries. Add bacon or sausage on the side.
- Drizzle maple syrup over it, and top with walnuts.
That’s it. Super-simple, and totally yummy.
We ate ours in the sun while watching a mob of kangaroos nibbling nearby grass for their breakfast.